San Diego offers every kind of activity imaginable including world-renowned attractions such as The San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, Balboa Park, the Midway Museum and The Hotel Del Coronado. In addition, you will find unlimited outdoor recreational opportunities such as surfing, sailing, kayaking, swimming, bicycling and golf. San Diego also has a thriving arts and cultural community offering concerts, theatre, opera, ballet and museums. There are a variety of sightseeing tours and award-winning restaurants to teach you about the area, delight your palate, and keep you entertained. See more at: What to do in San Diego
Activities, Attractions, Tours & More
Santee's Mast Park
9125 Carlton Hills Blvd, Santee, CA
Region: Santee, CA
Sports: Sportsplex USA Santee, a 15-acre sports field complex, opened on June 1, 2010
Outdoors: In addition to being a popular spot for mountain bikers, the city hosts a popular Southern California rock climbing venue called Santee Boulders. Santee Lakes Regional Park and Campground offers 190 acres for fishing, camping, bird watching and picnicking. Santee Lakes Music: A 10-week series of free concerts is organized each summer by the city’s Community Services Department. The Santee Wine & Bluegrass Festival, a fund-raiser for local park and youth recreation programs, is held each fall at Town Center Community Park.
The 55-acre Town Center Community Park is located east of Cuyamaca Street along the San Diego River. The center of the park features a 15-acre sports field complex operated by Sportsplex USA Santee, and an aquatics center operated by the East County YMCA. Sportsplex USA Santee features three lighted softball fields, four batting cages, two lighted arena soccer fields, spectator seating, parking and a sports-themed restaurant offering food, beer and wine. The park’s first two phases were completed in the fall of 2010. The $23.5 million facility was funded through a combination of redevelopment bonds, developer impact fees and grants.
As of 2011, the city had completed about half of a 4-mile (6.4 km)-long riverfront trail system that will eventually connect with trails in Lakeside and Mission Trails Regional Park.
San Diego Zoo
2920 Zoo Dr San Diego, CA 92101
Hours of Operation: 7:00am to 7:00pm
An urban paradise for all ages, the San Diego Zoo is a must-see in Southern California. Spend the day monkeying around in our tropical oasis as you visit amazing habitats for animals such as gorillas, tigers, sun bears, flamingos, mandrills, polar bears, birds of paradise, giant tortoises, leopards and more. Take a Panda Trek to visit the giant pandas and other animals that share their bamboo forest habitat. Go back in time through Elephant Odyssey to discover what animals used to roam Southern California and to see a herd of Asian elephants. Enjoy a guided tour on a double-decker bus or an aerial view from Skyfari, dine in the peaceful surroundings of Albert’s Restaurant, and see animals up close in the Children’s Zoo. Discover the wonders of wildlife with animal encounters, interactive experiences, and keeper presentations. A leader in animal care and conservation, the San Diego Zoo is at the heart of the San Diego experience.
5000 Willows Rd, Alpine, CA 91901
Region: Downtown, East County
Hours of Operation: Always Open
- With over 1,500 machines, you’re sure to give luck a run for its money!
- Table Games
- Enjoy over 34 tables of Blackjack, Pai Gow, EZ Baccarat, Viejas Craps, Ultimate Texas Hold ‘Em, 3-Card Poker, Mystery Card Roulette and many, many more!
- Whether your game is Omaha, Texas Hold ‘Em or Stud, our exclusive Poker Room has all the action you can handle. Are you in?
- Off Track Betting
- Experience the thrill of live horse racing at the most exclusive and historic tracks from around the country!
- In addition to our famously friendly service, we offer smoking and nonsmoking areas, great promotions and new electronic touch-pads that make playing even easier!
- The Outlets at Viejas
- With everyday savings of 30-70% on America’s favorite brands, The Outlets at Viejas truly has something for everyone! Featuring: Nike, Polo, Brooks Bros, Gap, rue21, Coach, Guess, Chico’s, Osh Kosh, Reebok and many more!
- The DreamCatcher at Viejas: The DreamCatcher’s intimate atmosphere and electric ambiance bring out the best in every performer – and every audience.
- V Lounge: The V Lounge is the premiere venue for enjoying the best in local live entertainment and dancing every weekend night
4500 Ocean Blvd, San Diego, CA
Region: Coastal San Diego
Hours of Operation: Always Open
A favorite spot amongst college students and young adults living the California Dream, Pacific Beach is the iconic Southern California beach town. With three miles of boardwalk and a lively atmosphere, P.B. (as the locals call it) is a great place to find fun in the sun, and pleasures after dark. From funky beach bars and taco stands that welcome sandy toes, to sleek modern hotels, sultry night clubs and fine dining establishments, Pacific Beach offers a variety of things to do beyond the miles of sandy beaches.